- History 1860-1948
- History 1948-2000
- Lietuvių klubui 85-eri!
- Taip sau
- Christmas 1957
- Large gatherings
- Moston Cemetery
- St. Casimir’s Church – a Polish view
- 1952: Gathering
- Lithuanian families in 1901 census
- St.Casimir’s Church, Collyhurst
- Rest in Peace
- Family histories
- 1917 Support Society
- Chairmen of Lithuanian Club
- 1991: Landsbergis visit
- After WW2
Category Archives: History 1948-2000
Christmas was celebrated at the Lithuanian social Club by an annual visit of ‘Kalėdų Senis’. ‘Eglutė’ [Christmas Tree] often took place just after the New Year, within the 12 days of Christmas. As many travelled to the venue by bus, … Continue reading
Large gatherings of 2-300 people took place in hired halls. The Blackley Insitute on Rochdale Road was used several times until it was demolished. Cheetham Town Hall was then hired until about the early 1980s, when Manchester Council sold it. … Continue reading
St.Joseph’s Roman Catholic Cemetery in Moston, North Manchester, is the final resting place of many Lithuanians. There are two communal sites. Some Lithuanian graves are closeby.
Some Club members celebrating in the Lounge, 1952. The Club was at 121 Middleton Road, Higher Crumpsall, then.
During his visit to the UK in October 1991, Landsbergis found time to visit the Lithuanian Club in Manchester. Continue reading